This intensive hands-on lab/lecture-based workshop is for meat, poultry and fish processors and related businesses that are involved in value added and/or quality enhancement of muscle food products through marination. Industry and academia experts will conduct the informational sessions. Participants of Marination 101 will gain basic knowledge of muscle/meat chemistry, basic marination techniques and methodologies, and ingredient performance. Participants will have various hands-on laboratory exercises that complement the materials presented. The knowledge gained from this workshop will assist in yield improvements, quality/safety enhancement, and overall product development issues in numerous applications.
Individuals involved in the processing of meat, poultry, fish, and seafood products - particularly production, research and development, quality assurance, or other technical personnel.
We encourage those interested in attending the workshop to make hotel reservations very soon due to other major campus activities later this same week. Some of the major local hotels inlcude:
- Comfort Suites - (662) 324-9595
- Coutyard by Marriott - (662) 338-3116
- Hampton Inn - (662) 324-133
- Hilton Garden Inn - (662) 615-9664
- Holiday Inn Express - (662) 324-0076
- La Quinta Inn - (662) 270-4100
Travel: Air Service is available to the following airports:
- Golden Triangle Regional (GTR) - 15 miles*
- Tupelo (TUP) - 60 miles
- Jackson (JAN) - 120 miles
- Birmingham (BHM) - 150 miles
- Memphis (MEM) - 164 miles