Mailing Address: Box 9805
945 Stone Blvd.
Mississippi State, MS 39762
- Ph.D., Mississippi State University
- M.S., Mississippi State University
- B.S., Mississippi State University
- Registered Dietitian, American Dietetic Association
- Licensed Dietitian/Nutritionist, Mississippi State Board of Health
- ServSafe Certification, National Restaurant Association
- Calcium, Vitamin D, and Obesity
- Food Allergy
- Functional Foods
- Child Health
- Food Safety
- FNH 1103: Introduction to Food Science, Nutrition and Health Promotion
- FNH 2203: Science of Food Preparation
- FNH 3263: Research Methods in Food and Nutrition
- FNH 3701: Nutrition Professional Development
- FNH 8233: Maternal, Infant and Child Nutrition
- FNH 8253: Nutrition and Food Science Research Techniques
- FNH 8286: Supervised Practice Experience
- 2003 Outstanding Dietetic Educator, American Dietetic Association, Chicago, Illinois
- 2003 Mississippi Outstanding Dietetic Educator, Mississippi Dietetic Association, Jackson, MS
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Institute of Food Technologists
- Mississippi Dietetic Association
Howard, G.M., D.K. Tidwell, C. Briley, and B.P. Hunt. 2013. Vitamin D and Calcium Intakes of Participants With and Without Cancer. Journal of Human Nutrition and Food Science, Vol. 1(2):1015-1020. Download
Tidwell, D.K. 2013. Grains, cereals, pasta, flours, and starch cookery. Chapter 11 in S. Edelstein, editor, Food Science: An Ecological Approach. Jones and Bartlett Publishers, Sudbury, MA.
Lambeth, L., Y.H. Kim, E.F. Molaison, and D.K. Tidwell. 2012. Dietetics students' cultural food knowledge and experiences with various cultures. Journal of Foodservice Management and Education 6(2):6-9. Download
Murphy, T. C., D. K. Tidwell, M. E. Hall, R. D. Williams, C. A. Briley and B. P. Hunt. 2012. Physical activity and fruit and vegetable consumption habits in college student smokers, social smokers, and nonsmokers. American Journal of Health Studies.
Tidwell, D.K., M.W. Valliant. 2011. Higher amounts of body fat are associated with inadequate intakes of calcium and vitamin D in African American women. Nutrition Research 31(7):527-536. Download
Bomba, A.K., Y. Chang, K.B. Knight, D.K. Tidwell, K. Wachter, S. Endo, C.K. West. 2009. College students' attitudes regarding infant feeding practices. Journal of Family and Consumer Sciences 101(1):25-29.
Valliant, M.W., D.K. Tidwell, J. Hallam, D.D. Wadsworth, S.G. Owens, L.F. Chitwood. 2009. A resting metabolic rate equation including bioelectrical impedance-derived lean body mass provides a better prediction in premenopausal African American women across a spectrum of body mass indices. Topics in Clinical Nutrition 24(2):145-151. Download