Culinary Arts Kids Camp
About the Cooking Class
Our focus is to introduce kids to new and exciting experiences with foods. Research has shown the importance of "hands on" experiences with foods and consumption by children, especially fruits and vegetables.
The MSU Extension Service and the Department of Food Science, Nutrition, and Health Promotion are excited to host this camp for kids to experience local food production and food preparation, while building culinary skills.
We hope to share our passion for the art and science of cooking and food preparation.
To provide an opportunity for kids to experience and make new and exciting foods.
- Learn new fruits and vegetables
- Experience new foods and flavors
- Gain culinary skills and techniques
- Use reading and math skills related to recipes
- Explain the importance of food safety
- Utilizing new skills to make food products
- Fruits and Vegetables
- Breads and Sweet Treats
- Dairy Products
- The Kitchen and Cooking Utensils
- Food Safety
- Knife Skills
- Measuring with Math
Courtney Crist and Chef Vicki Leach will be the lead instructors.
Camp costs $300 per child and includes lunch and snacks. Enrollment limited to 18 chefs.
For more information please contact:
Courtney Crist - (662) 325-3200