Student Dietetic Association
Student Dietetic Association (SDA) is an organization for students studying nutrition. Membership is available for freshman, sophomore, junior, senior, and graduate students. The organization meets monthly and is led by elected officers.
- To promote healthy lifestyles at MSU and the surrounding community through awareness and involvement in key areas as identified by the American Dietetic Association.
- To encourage professional development among members.
- To promote and encourage membership for all nutrition students.
The MSU-SDA membership fee is $30.00 per year. Meetings are held the second Tuesday of every month at 5:45 pm in Room 104 (Foods Lab) Moore Hall. A light supper will be provided.
Activities include monthly meetings with professional speakers; community service projects; volunteer, leadership, and networking opportunities; participation in professional workshops and MS-AND Annual meeting; and catering the CALS biannual Alumni Breakfast.
- President: Shelly Johnston Email
- Vice President: Shae Freeman Email
- Secretary: Anna Laurin Harrison Email
- Treasurer: Kaitlin Dewitt Email
- AND Liaison: Jay Gilman Email
- Scholarship Chair: Victorian Tilley Email
- Professional Development Representative: Chris DeLeon Email
SDA Members participating in
monthly meetings (top most),
catering the CALS
Alumni Breakfast (top center),
and the Sweet Potato Drop
Meeting Dates— Speakers
- September 10th, 2013
- September 19th, 2013 - FSNHP Welcome Back Dinner in the Junction from 5pm-7pm
- October 8th , 2013
- October 12th, 2013 - CALS Alumni Breakfast
- November 12th, 2013
- December 3rd, 2013 - Holiday Celebration
- January 21st, 2014
- February 11th, 2014 - Officer Nominations
- March 4th, 2014 - National Nutrition Month, Officer Elections
- April 8th, 2014 - Officer Installation
- April 2014 - CALS Alumni Breakfast
Shelly Johnston, Victorian Tilley,
Anna Laurin Harrison, Jay Gilman,
Shae Freeman, Kaitlin Dewitt,
Sylvia H. Byrd, PhD, RD, LD
Room 251 Herzer
FOOD SCIENCE, NUTRITION AND HEALTH PROMOTION
Dear Prospective Member,
The Student Dietetic Association (SDA) at Mississippi State University offers many opportunities to participate in service projects, hold leadership positions, and engage in professional activities. In the past, SDA has been active in Relay for Life, catering the bi-annual College of Agriculture and Life Science Alumni Breakfast, and organizing the “Sweet Potato Drop.” This year will be just as exciting with plans for more activities and opportunities to network with professionals. I would like to encourage you to join SDA and become an active member. I look forward to working with you, and can’t wait for an exciting year with SDA!
Where can you find the Student Dietetic Association?
Student Dietetic Association
P.O. Box 9805
Mississippi State, MS 39762-9805
MSU Student Dietetic Association