Faculty & Staff
Sylvia H. Byrd, Ph.D., R.D., L.D.
Office: 251 Herzer
- Ph.D. Mississippi State University
- M.S.H.E. University of North Carolina
- B.S. Appalachian State University
- FNH 8243 Community Nutrition
- FNH 2293 Individual and Family Nutrition
- Child Nutrition
- Childhood Overweight
- Coordinated School Health Program
- Public Health Issues in Children
- McCorkle, S., Chromiak, J.A., Byrd, S.H., Fountain, B., & Hoyt, G.T., (2006) Body Mass Index and percent fat of teachers and staff at a Mississippi elementary school. (abstract) Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, 38:5 Supplement.
- Gray, V.B., Cossman, J.S., Dodson, W.L., & Byrd, S.H. (2005) Dietary acculturation of Hispanic immigrants in Mississippi. Salud pública de méxico, 47, 351-360.
- Fountain, B.J. & Byrd, S.H. (2005) Differences between Body Mass Index and Other Weight Measures in Children 6-11 Years of Age Who are At Risk and Not At Risk for Overweight. (abstract). Journal of American Dietetic Association, (05), Supplement A-22.
- White, K.M., Byrd, S.H., Chromiak, J.A., Clary, J.M. (2005) Nutrient Intake and Physical Activity Related to Body Mass Index Among 12-19 Year Olds: National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 1999-2000. (abstract). Journal of American Dietetic Association, (05), Supplement A-63.
- Fountain, B.J., Byrd, S.H., Dodson, W.L., Mixon, M.P., & Newman, M.A. (2005) Relationship between sedentary activity and other variables suggested to be related to overweight in children. (abstract) Proceedings of the 2005 California Childhood Obesity Conference.
- Gray, V.B., Byrd, S.H., & Chromiak, J. (2005) The Healthy Children, Families, and Communities Consortium: an inter-disciplinary approach to childhood overweight in Mississippi. (abstract) Proceedings of the 2005 California Childhood Obesity Conference.