Faculty & Staff
Ramakrishna Nannapaneni, Ph.D.
Food Safety & Molecular Food Microbiology
Office: 202 Herzer
- Postdoctoral (Food Microbiology), Department of Food Science, University of Arkansas
- Ph.D. (Food Microbiology), Dept. Bioscience & Biotechnology, Univ. of Strathclyde, UK
- M.S. (Agriculture and Plant Pathology), G.B.P.U. Agriculture & Technology, India
- B.S. (Agriculture and Animal Husbandry), G.B.P.U. Agriculture & Technology, India
- Food Microbiology
- Advanced Food Microbiology
- Microbial Stress-Adaptation and Proteomics
- Natural Antimicrobials and Emerging Food Processing Technologies
- Antimicrobial Resistant Subpopulations of Foodborne Bacterial Pathogens
- Integration of Cultural, Immunological & Molecular Diagnostic methods
- Integration of the "-Omics" Approaches
- Member of American Society for Microbiology
- Member of International Association for Food Protection
- Member of Institute of Food Technologists
- Soni, K., R. Nannapaneni, and T. Tasara. 2011. The contribution of transcriptomic and proteomic analysis in elucidating stress adaptation responses of Listeria monocytogenes. Foodborne Pathogens and Disease 8: 842-852.
- Soni, K., R. Nannapaneni, and T. Tasara. 2011. An overview of stress response proteomes in Listeria monocytogenes. Agricultural, Food & Analytical Bacteriology 1: 66-85.
- Soni, K., R. Nannapaneni, M. W. Schilling, and V. Jackson. 2010. Bactericidal activity of GRAS lauric arginate against Listeria monocytogenes in milk and Queso fresco cheese. Journal of Dairy Science 93: 4518-4525.
- Soni, K., and R. Nannapaneni. 2010. Removal of Listeria monocytogenes biofilms with bacteriophage P100. Journal of Food Protection 73:1519-1524.
- Nannapaneni, R. 2012. Methods for identification of bacterial foodborne pathogens. Chapter 4, pp. 45-55, In: Food Science Text Series - Microbial Food Safety An Introduction, Omar A. Oyarzabal and Steffen Backert (eds.), 262 pages, Springer, New York, NY.