Faculty & Staff
Dr. Barry P. Hunt, Ed D
Office: 108 Herzer
- 1994 EdD University of Alabama
- 1989 M.A. University of Alabama
- 1988 B.S. Troy State University
- FNH 8513 Theory and Practice of Health Education
- FNH 8553 Behavioral Epidemiology
- FNH 8990 Introduction to Health Science Research
- FNH 8143 Problems in Health Education
- FNH 8263 Seminar in School Health
Teaching and Research Interests
- Coordinated School Health Programs
- Alcohol and Other Drug Prevention Programs
- Worksite Health Promotion.
- American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
- International Council for Health, Physical Education, Recreation Sport and Dance
- American School Health Association
- American Public Health Association
- American Association for Health Education
- American Academy of Health Behavior
- Williams, R.D., Barnes, J.T., Hunt, B.P. and Winborne, H. (2011). Health beliefs related to secondhand smoke and smoke-free policies in a college community. American Journal of Health Studies, 26(3), 152-159.
- Williams, R., Barnes, J., Humphries, R., Hunt, B., & Henry, E. (2011). Beliefs and intentions of restaurant patrons regarding secondhand smoke exposure and smoke-free ordinances. Missouri Journal of Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance. 21, 123-131.
- Shaikh, M. and Hunt, B.P. (2011). Prevalence and correlates of tobacco use among grade 8 -10 students in Peshawar, Pakistan. Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal, 17(2), 180 -181.
- Shumpert, K., Hunt, B.P. and Hall, M.E. (2010). An examination of the role of health promotion in physical therapy. Journal of Mississippi Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance, E-Journal.
- Brace, A., Hall, M. and Hunt, B.P. (2008). Social, Economic and Health Costs of Unintended Teen Pregnancy: The Circle of Care Intervention Program in Troup County, Georgia. Journal of Georgia Public Health Association, 1(1), 33-46.
- Shaikh, M.A., Hunt, B.P. and Hall, M. (2008). Prevalence and correlates of tobacco use among class 4 to 9 students in Somaliland. Journal of the Pakistan Medical Association, 58 (11), 656-657.
- Hunt, B.P. and Thompson, A.J. (2004). A Guide for Worksite Health Promotion Program Development. Produced for MSU Division of Business Services and the Mississippi Manufacturing Association.
- Hunt, B.P., Usdan, S., Thompson, A.J., Cremeens, J. and Martin, R. (2006). Gender Differences and the effectiveness of a social norms campaign to reduce college drinking. American Public Health Association National Conference, Boston, MA (accepted for presentation)
- Leightley, L., Hunt, B.P., and Garrard, A. (2006). Increasing the competitiveness of the furniture industry through workforce training. A worksite health promotion grant submitted to the Department of Labor - Employment and Training Administration in the amount of $496,000. (funded)